Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another Quick Update

Tweaked out on energy drinks and adreneline, unable to sleep. Thought I heard jets flying overhead followed by a bang at what must have been about 6 this morning. Thought nothing of it and tried unsuccessfully to get back to sleep. Could well have been my hyped up imagination but the BBC are reporting that Russian jets have bombed a Georgian airbase near Tbilisi. This could well be another strike on Vaziani which was also bombed on friday.

Pure speculation but this could be something to do with the fleet of Russian ships that are reportedly moving across the Black Sea towards Georgia. It would make sense to do as much as possible to incapacitate the Georgian Airforce before the ships arrive. Again I would like to note that if these reports are true and there was an attack, it was again against a military target outside of Tbilisi propper.

Outside seems calm, I was reasured to see an old lady sweeping the rubbish out the road as I had a fag and swigged some of last nights beer to calm my nerves.

No comments: