Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rude Awakenings

Got a call this morning from a friend informing me that the American Embassy are evacuating their non essential staff and family members. If I'd had been asleep that would have been unpleasant. Woke all my friends up. They weren't happy but it looks like today could be quite interesting.

The British Embassy aren't even up yet.

To clarify the earlier post, what was hit was "a military airfield belonging to Tbilaviastroi plant" which is used to make tanks for the Georgian Army, some early reports seemed to suggest that it might have been Tbilisi airport.

Still think there's not a lot of chance of Tbilisi propper getting hit, unless of course the Russian fighter pilots have had the same sort of amount of sleep as me.

I'm gonna try and crash, gonna need to be with it today.

Will keep you all updated as the day goes on.

No comments: