Sunday, August 17, 2008

Winston and Worcester

Winston

Great news on the Winston front! Recieved a message on a Georgian mailing list from a friend of his who'd spoken to him recently.

He is in a "plush moscow hospital" and "out of the woods". His parents are not with him but he plans to move on to either Germany or the UK within the next few days.

Temuri, the journalist who he traveled with to South Ossetia is also reported to be fine and due to return to Tbilisi tomorrow.

This comes as a great relief to all of us.

Me

On a more personal note, I'm in Berlin right now having caught up with a few old friends here in Germany. I'm getting a bus back tomorrow evening which is due to arrive in London around Tuesday lunchtime.

I've been in contact with the language school I arranged to work with in Georgia and I still have my job there. This is great news for me personally as it means I have a way to support myself on my return whilst helping out my organisation with the relief work.

I should be back in Tbilisi within the month if everything works out as it should.

For all you lovely folks back home, can I encourage those of you who are availiable to make your ways to Worcester over the next few weekends. It would be lovely to see you all and I'm going to be limited in the traveling I can do whilst I'm back.

Blog

The blog and I will be having a bit of downtime for the next few weeks whilst I recollect my thoughts and catch up with friends and family back home. I'll continue posting small points of interest and bits and pieces thrown up by my organisation but for the most part it should be fairly quiet.

Expect much more upon my return to Georgia.

Thanks for reading.

Ian

No comments: